What is Botox? *
Botox is the name of a neurotoxin protein derived from the Clostridium Botulinum Bacterium. This toxin is FDA approved and regulated for medical use.
Botox is the substance that is injected under the skin, which enables the relaxation of the muscles responsible for causing the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. There are various brands of Botulinum Toxin available.
How do I know if Botox injections are right for me? *
Anti-wrinkle injections are suitable for both men and women who are concerned about the appearance of their lines and wrinkles and is recommended for patients in their twenties and upwards, being the most popular ages from 30-35 and up.
The anti-wrinkle injections would not be suitable for the following patients:
- Anyone who has had an allergic reaction to type A Botulinum toxin injections
- Has an infection on the area that is intended to be treated
- Any patient who is under the age of 18
- Patients who suffer from any diseases affecting the muscles, including the Eaton Lambert syndrome
- Any patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Patients who are taking blood thinning tablets
What areas can be treated with Botox? *
There are several areas that can be treated with Botox and target different concerns.
An area is classed as one of the following, Forehead, frown or crows feet
It can take unto 2 weeks to take affect and lasts 3-4 months
1 area £195
2 areas £200
3 areas £225
Botox to neck £260
Botox to masseter muscle for TMJ and jawline slimming £260Small additional areas £25 each
– Gummy smile correction
– Top lip lift /curl up
– Soften top lip lines
– Bunny lines – nose lines
– Chin Botox to relax dimpled chin and tighten sagging chin
– Corners of mouth to fix downturn smile
Top Ups £TBA
Top ups of Botox chargeable by units of Botox used
Only 14-21 days after initial treatment
After this period tops ups are unavailable and it becomes a new treatment again